Monday, May 9, 2011

MAYDAY... MAYDAY... MAYDAY

Before I get to the fabulously written post about advice mothers should give to an expectant mother instead of the crappy advice I got.... I am herby sending an absolute emergency signal. 

What is worse than owing the IRS all of your money? Let me tell you. Being told that you were going to receive a big fatty fat check in the mail from them, and instead you received a letter stating that you are being AUDITED.  Are you freaking kidding me right now? Besides, this terrifically inopportune audit timing, I have some mega huge changes coming up in the coming months of my life. Life changing stuff. So beyond just being annoyed that the IRS doesn't believe how much money I spent on getting my baby here through adoption... I'm also suffocating in anxiety about my current living space, income, ridiculous amounts of demanding paperwork, large upcoming checks to write, and so forth.

Thus, (gasp now) I will only be updating this blog once a week for the month of May. (now breath out before you faint.... all three of you readers) The month of May is the essential month that I MUST get my life in order as well as prove my middle class standings to the government. Because it is imperative that June and July be filled with delightful things, before life goes haywire in August.

Please bare with me and I cross my heart that I'll be back up and running with daily findings come June 1st. Until then, stop moping around wondering what you'll do without my lame musings... and come clean my house or help me dig up 2 year old receipts for gas money spent on driving to California to pick up my baby girl.
Or just come back to see me in June and I'll be here right where we left off :)

Sincerely,
Sday

8 comments:

Ness said...

Ok so you have me interested in what is going to happen in August. I can't remember if you have a big race or if I completely missed something.
The irs is lame. Good luck finding all your stuff.

Maryquilter said...

Well, I told Dad about IRS complications and he just smugly said, " I keep telling people they have to keep their receipts for 7 years in case this happens." We will gladly help out, honey. I have already typed up a receipt dealing with quilt. Talk to you soon- Mom p.s. It will all get done, take 1 day at a time and one goal at a time- BREATHE!

des said...

oh shan, my heart is with you! if its any consolation i have spent the last 90 minutes of my monday evening on hold with the fab IRS to break up my payments of what we owe because apparently WE MADE TOO MUCH!!! HELLO?! i KNOW we made no money last year, and because neither of us live on medicaid or unemployment we must pay extra pennies! GRR! if you need backup i am here!

The Huffs said...

Excuse me!!!! i don't care about the IRS... what about my need to hear about Shannon everyday! No excuses. You better post! ... Ok I will give you some time, but you better tell those IRSrs that I am really mad at them. They have messed up my morning routine of looking at Shannon Day's blog! (ps if I were in utah, i would totally help! I really am sorry)

waitwhat said...

you being audited! by the irs!

Becky Andrews said...

REALLY Sad for you to have to deal with the IRS. Sad for the rest of us to not get more updates ... moping because your posts are NOT lame -- they are awesome - like you.

Heather Tolbert said...

Ugh audits don't sound any fun! Sorry that was added to your stress plate. Hope you guys are hanging in there! See you in two weeks at Soldier Hollow?

Sandy said...

Um, Shannon, if your IRS audit has to do with your adoption, YOU ARE NOT ALONE. The IRS is auditing so so so so so so very many files of all different types of families claiming the adoption credit. Some I know who adopted overseas are sending copies of little tattered foreign receipts showing payments in foreign currency! We sent our "supporting paperwork" in at the beginning of May. Rumor has it they are trying to complete everyone's return by May 30, or they may have to pay interest on their refunds. See, there's a bright side?!? It's a total pain in the hiney - but you WILL get through it! ps can't wait to hear your life-altering news :)